Matthew 7:7-7 contains another promise Jesus gives that you can count on! Actually, it’s in the spirit of Matthew 6:33, where Jesus promises to take care of your physical needs as long as you seek first His kingdom and righteousness. In these scriptures, Jesus promises answers to questions you have about His kingdom and way of life. What he requires is that you show Him you want these things above all else, and He promises to then give you the desires of your heart. Want to be spirit-filled? Ask God with all your heart and you can be. Want to be spirit-led? Ask God, and you will begin a spiritual relationship with the Holy Spirit so you can follow His leading wherever you are and whenever He speaks.
Be excited about the process of learning to be spirit-led. It’s not something that happens instantly. You need to determine the difference between being led by yourself and being led by God. So, you probably will make some mistakes, but don’t let that stop you! Sometimes, it’s not as clear or easy as you might think. Even seasoned spirit-led believers sometimes need to ask for help to know God’s will and leading. Enjoy the journey of joy, adventure and fulfillment that only being connected to God and being led by Him can bring.
Encouraging Scripture: Matthew 7:7-8
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Father God, thanks for calling me as a believer and convicting me to continue on the path to discipleship. Help me to embrace teachings on how to be spirit-filled and spirit-led and help me to follow the path You have for me to walk spiritually. Thanks for granting me all that I need including the spiritual eyes to see and the spiritual eyes to see what You show and tell me. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Things to Think, Pray and Journal About
1. In your prayers, have you asked God to fill you to overflowing with all you need to be able to connect to the Holy Spirit?
2. Have you experienced the Holy Spirit’s presence in your Christian walk?
3. Have you received prompting from the Holy Spirit to say or do something?
4. Have you ever asked God to fill you both with His love and spiritual boldness so you can be and do all that He has for you to be and do?
5. Did you know you can have the same kind of comfortable spiritual love for the Holy Spirit as you have for Jesus?
copyright 2014, Pastors George and Sharon Billington, All Rights Reserved