David knew what it was to wait for God’s timing in his life. Even though he was anointed king to succeed Saul, it was many trouble-filled years later before God made it happen. David knew what it was like to feel sick, and he also knew the importance of sharing how he felt with God no matter what the circumstance. That’s emotionally healthy, and it’s very okay to share whatever you’re going through with God.
Sometimes God allows sickness or disabilities to be included in a believer’s life, and He still empowers His servant to fulfill his life’s plan and purpose. The Apostle Paul had some sort of health problem that God delayed healing during his physical lifetime. That problem did not interfere with Paul’s ministry or his service to God.
Scripture: Psalm 40:17
But I am poor and weak; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and deliverer; do not delay, O my God.
Father God, You ministered to jesus when he needed You, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to minister to us, and I ask all that You are to minister to me in my time of sickness. Please help me to bear the discomfort, pain and whatever other things I need to bear while I wait for Your healing in Your perfect timing, plan and purpose for my life. Thanks for always being there for me and helping me to realize that, even if this sickness doesn’t go away, having this special relationship with You makes my life worthwhile. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Things to Think, Pray and Journal About
1. have you asked God to help you be and do what He has for you to be and do in spite of your illness?
2. Have you asked God to strengthen you emotionally and spiritually so you can get through your illness?
3. Are you angry at God for allowing you to be so ill?
4. Did you know it’s not a sin to be angry at God?
5. Did you know that forgiveness is about freeing you from harmful thoughts and feelings? Can you ask God to forgive you for your anger?
copyright 2014, Pastors George and Sharon Billington, All Rights Reserved